It is important to create a living or working space sympathetic and appropriate to period design that will also suit personal taste and lifestyle.
Noun — 'the design and co-ordination of decorative elements of the interior of a house, apartment, office or other structural space, including colour schemes, fittings, furnishings and sometimes architectural features'; or 'the art, business or profession of executing this'
I understand every client is different so my designs are tailored to meet individual styles, budgets and needs – all of which are unique to every customer. Providing inspiration to both residential and commercial properties, I look to transform spaces into functional, distinctive retreats that work for you.
Although I have a preferred selection of suppliers I am not tied to any particular brand or company, allowing me to research the market to find the perfect products to suit your finances and requirements. I like to ensure the product compliments both the property and the owner and am always keen to recycle products where possible, especially unusual items that create a unique statement.
Interior Design Dorset & Beyond
At Buzz Interior Design I can source and research all aspects of products including:
- Fabric & Wallcoverings – I look to an initial stock library then to the general market place
- Furniture & Flooring – products, positioning, space and storage solutions
- Colour schemes – Not forgetting pattern, texture, lighting and ambience
- Garden enhancements & planting – Helping to create the Inside, outside and vice-versa
To discuss my Interior Design Packages please contact me and I will be happy to talk through the services available.
Recent Interiors Projects
- Georgian Town House Southampton - Brief A traditional 4 storey Georgian town house which had previously been used for letting and was in dire need of rejuvenation and some TLC. The brief was to create a bright and airy space, using modern elements whilst also keeping things classically simple. Inspiration and Design Based very close to the Docks I wanted to include some of Southampton’s history especially as this house would have been here for the Titanic’s departure and been surrounded by hotels and inns. Incorporating travel trunks and industrial elements seemed perfect for this location. A touch of style. Pictures tell the story [...]
- Highcliffe New House - Brief My clients had recently relocated to Highcliffe and moved into a new build that lacked the house feeling like home. They had numerous items of furniture and artwork they had bought with them but needed to add extra elements to help with storage and aesthetics. They particularly wanted to add colour without it becoming overbearing. The core of the building had already been installed, including flooring, kitchen, bathrooms, office furniture etc. Neutrally painted walls were to be retained for the moment. Although the house was contemporary with clean lines they wanted the house to feel more personable. Inspiration and [...]
- Branksome Kitchen Rejuvenation - Brief Existing kitchen was in good condition but just beginning to look a little dated and client disliked the tiled floor that ran through half of the ground floor from the entrance . They wanted to be more on trend with colours, style and to lighten the rooms. Also wanted to increase seating options for both comfortable and practical use. The house is early 20th century so has character. Inspiration and Design The client already had ideas in mind as to colour and style so it was really a case of finding items and pulling the scheme together to create [...]
- Georgian Town House Christchurch - Brief To rejuvenate a Grade II listed Georgian property located in Christchurch’s Conservation area which is of both architectural and historical interest locally. The house is surrounded by walled gardens and located next to an ancient Saxon Priory. Alongside famous owners like the Publisher Walter Hutchinson, the property has links to Sir Arthur Conan Doyle who allegedly previously stayed at the property and was inspired to write the Sherlock Holmes Mystery “Adventure of the Speckled Band”. Although the client wanted to refurbish for modern living, it was important the integrity of the property was maintained. The client preferred a bright [...]
- Decades 1 Dining Room - NEW FOREST CARE-HOME – DINING & ACTIVITIES ROOM WITH KITCHENETTE & SNUG BRIEF To modernise a large space to be used for various activities alongside dining requirements. To be bright and welcoming for residents, their families and staff. Space needs to be adaptable with the ability for movement of disability aids, wheelchairs, etc. A secondary lounging area separate to the main lounge to be included with access to kitchen items to be self sufficient for drinks and refreshments. INSPIRATION & DESIGN All aspects needed changing from floor to ceiling. The room could be quite dark but around midday the sun [...]