It is important to create a living or working space sympathetic and appropriate to period design that will also suit personal taste and lifestyle.
Noun — 'the design and co-ordination of decorative elements of the interior of a house, apartment, office or other structural space, including colour schemes, fittings, furnishings and sometimes architectural features'; or 'the art, business or profession of executing this'
I understand every client is different so my designs are tailored to meet individual styles, budgets and needs – all of which are unique to every customer. Providing inspiration to both residential and commercial properties, I look to transform spaces into functional, distinctive retreats that work for you.
Although I have a preferred selection of suppliers I am not tied to any particular brand or company, allowing me to research the market to find the perfect products to suit your finances and requirements. I like to ensure the product compliments both the property and the owner and am always keen to recycle products where possible, especially unusual items that create a unique statement.
Interior Design Dorset & Beyond
At Buzz Interior Design I can source and research all aspects of products including:
- Fabric & Wallcoverings – I look to an initial stock library then to the general market place
- Furniture & Flooring – products, positioning, space and storage solutions
- Colour schemes – Not forgetting pattern, texture, lighting and ambience
- Garden enhancements & planting – Helping to create the Inside, outside and vice-versa
To discuss my Interior Design Packages please contact me and I will be happy to talk through the services available.
Recent Interiors Projects
- 3 Bedroom Penthouse Flat Renovation with Water Views - Brief To modernise a 1980’s penthouse flat with views over Southampton Water. The client wanted to incorporate a neutral base but with a warmer feel to the current ‘grey’ trend. Inspiration and Design Keeping the rooms neutral, my decision was to incorporate lots of different textures with simplistic patterns. The clients have always struggled to find a sofa that they found comfortable so it was incredibly important to locate this item first. Although the fabrics available for the seating were limited we opted for a warm mushroom linen and agreed we would add more sophisticated fabrics in soft furnishings to [...]
- Residential – Mudeford Townhouse - Brief To modernise a 3-storey town house for a couple desiring a contemporary yet homely feel with clean-lines and plenty of storage. Most importantly this home needed to be easy to manage within their busy lifestyle. INNOVATION & DESIGN I loved working on this project with amazing views over Mudeford Quay. My clients had recently moved in and wanted to renew the dated eclectic mix of styles and fashions the previous owners had installed. With every room needing renovation we had a clean slate to work with and my client had created a great reference book of their style likes [...]
- Bournemouth Seaview Apartment - Brief To renovate a 1960’s style top floor Apartment overlooking the sea near Boscombe. The client required clean lines, a modern design using grey and turquoise that added light, texture and a modern look. Inspiration and Design No major structural changes were planned, albeit the property required re-wiring and the existing wall lighting was completely inadequate for purpose. With solid concrete walls and ceilings we were limited, so for a streamlined design we opted to install a false ceiling to discretely hide wires, with modern recessed LED’s and new cabling channelled into the walls for smart new switches & sockets. [...]
- HOUSE RENOVATION – OVERTON - Brief My clients were modernising their 4 bedroom detached property and, having started with the kitchen & lounge, they weren’t happy with the finished look in the rooms started. They asked me to visit and immediately I could see they had block coloured fabrics and pictures etc in the spaces so had created overly dominant features which displeased them. The client lived by the river so wanted the core to be neutral and calm. Spaces were to be utility but with some elegance, glamour and colourful features or accessories. Each owner had a very different style so I wanted to [...]
- Residential – Southampton Waterfront - Brief To modernise a 3-storey town house for a family who like to socialise. It was important that the soft furnishings in two of the bedrooms were currently suitable for teenage boys but adaptable as guest rooms when they left home. Inspiration & Design Located in a busy marina, I was inspired by both trade and water. Historically Southampton used to be a busy cargo and passenger port but now known more for its cruise terminals. Having viewed some of the clients existing possessions, I found some beautiful wooden chests and stone lamps that worked perfectly with the travel, water [...]