Having lost the Design and Sewing Workroom when relocating from Three B's Southbourne Studio to home, I now work with local traditional makers, fitters and upholsterers to create those bespoke, made to measure products, mostly finished by hand.
Plural Noun — 'Curtains, rugs, hangings'
Having been hands on in the workroom for 5 years it helps me to understand the methods of making up curtains, soft furnishings and upholstery and occasionally I still assist the team to ensure projects are completed on time.
No assignment is too small – from the simplest curtain alteration to multi-room assignments.
In addition to owning a selective collection of fabrics from different providers, I also stock small samples of tracks, poles and accessories and am happy to source alternatives to fit with themes. All of which can be viewed at Honeysuckle Cottage or in the comfort of your own home.
Works undertaken include:
- Curtains and Voiles
- Accessories – Cushions / Tie backs / Poles / Tracks etc.
- Upholstery and Re-upholstery
If you are interested in finding out more about the Soft Furnishing Service please feel free to contact me and I will be happy to discuss your requirements.
Recent Soft Furnishing Projects
- Renovations – Talbot Woods- Brief An existing client moved home and wanted assistance with various new window treatments and some alterations. The core of the house had been renovated and the furniture awaiting delivery. Curtains were to be relatively neutral with a little sparkle / glamour. Inspiration and Design Following various visits to look through fabric collections a decision was made for each room. Unfortunately with the curve to the ceiling and deep window sills we were unable to install the modern wave curtain to the bays as the tracks would sit too far into the room to allow the curtains clearance so we [...]
- Roman Blinds- Brief So many clients have radiators underneath their windows but want a modern looking window treatment that doesn’t reduce the heat available. Radiators block us from using full length curtains so unless we opt for sill length we are restricted. Sill length look good in old properties but don’t really correspond with contemporary styling. Inspiration and Design There are varying different blinds on offer but Roman Blinds are my favourite as they still allow us to install a seductive fabric with pattern and texture. Their cleans lines are modern and allow the windows to be opened to light plus any [...]
- Pinch Pleat Curtains- Brief Replacement Curtains required for Girls Bedroom Inspiration & Design Traditionally styled, hand-finished pinch-pleat curtains are still a favourite with clients who like a classic style using a track or pole. These are so often hung incorrectly but if hung properly, with the fabric sitting under the track, the waste fabric can sit to the back and the stack-back minimalised. The original triple pleat can be modernised with a simpler double pleat finish for those preferring less fuss. A silver leading edge was added to these curtains for a bit of added sparkle. [...]